Transport Shift Manager- FMCG UK's largest food service provider!Manchester£28,000-31,000 + Benefits
I am looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Transport Shift Manager with previous warehouse and transport backgrounds. You will need supervisory and people management experience. Working within a team environment, you will assist the Warehouse Manager with both warehouse and transport operational KPIs to tight deadlines and drive improvements by engaging the team in promoting a positive culture.Job role & requirements:
- CPC Certificate of Professional Competence (beneficial)
- A good understanding of multi-temperature warehouse procedures and compliance
- Supervisory / Management experience, ideally in a FMCG warehousing environment
- Experienced people manager ideally for from the food or drink sector
- Proficient in Transport/Warehouse management systems
- Collaborating with colleagues to make a success of a new venture
- Management and control of top level cost and productivity KPIs
- Specialising in Logistics will engage you in managing our warehouse teams: Goods In, Selection or Goods Out and the training will ensure you are ready to lead either team successfully
- Extensive Health & Safety knowledge
- Degree Level or Equivalent
- IOSH Managing Safely Certificate
- Commitment and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent people management skills and the ability to develop self and others
- A good understanding of Transport Legislation and the impact of non compliance to protect the company Operator Licence
- Ability to effectively plan labour and resource to deliver operational requirements to a timely manner whilst meeting agreed KPI's and Service Levels
- Effective team worker and confident and positive communicator.
- A good understanding of multi temperature warehouse / transport procedures and compliance
- PC skills for Excel / Word / PowerPoint andWMSexperience
My client is one of largest food and drinks wholesaler in the hospitality sector supplying to over to over 400,000 customers, including independent convenience stores, grocers, pubs and restaurants.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a positive, supportive team, and earn the utmost in employee rewards and career development.
Interested in this challenge - send your CV to email@example.com
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website: www.corecruitment.com
COREcruitment operate one of the best referral schemes in the industry - know anyone looking for a new challenge? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
with your contacts CV - you could earn up to £500!Follow COREcruitment on your favourite social networks - Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn and Pinterest . We give away fantastic prizes... every month!