Job title: Internal Quality Assurer (IQA) HSC or CYP (NVQ (QCF) qualifications
Responsible to: The Curriculum Manager
Responsible for: The performance of a team of assessors across East Anglia and Essex.
• Monitor, review and evaluate the quality of assessment processes and practice.
• Monitor the quality of assessor performance, identify assessor development needs and facilitate assessor
development to maintain and improve the quality of assessment
• Ensure documentation and records meet quality and regulatory requirements.
• Plan and prepare monitoring activities according to the requirements of own role
• Determine whether assessment processes and systems meet and operate according to quality requirements
• Check that assessors meet the requirements for their role
• Analyse assessor capabilities and potential in the context of their objectives and other requirements
• Agree and prioritise assessor learning needs and produce individual development plans with assessors to reflect these
• Provide assessors with feedback, advice and support to help them maintain and improve their assessment practice
• Check that assessments are planned, prepared for and carried out according to agreed procedures
• Check that assessment methods are safe, fair, valid and reliable
• Check that assessment decisions are made using specified criteria
• Compare assessor decisions to ensure they are consistent
• Work with assessors, trainers, employers and learners to ensure the standardisation of assessment practice and outcomes
• Follow agreed procedures when there are significant concerns about the quality of assessment
• Follow agreed procedures for the recording, storing, reporting and confidentiality of information
Continuing professional development
• Identify current performance requirements relevant to own practice
• Identify trends and developments relevant to own skills, knowledge and practice
• Identify and critically reflect on how own beliefs and attitudes influence own practice
• Seek feedback, collect information and continually reflect on own performance
• Assess the extent to which own practice is inclusive and promotes equality and diversity
• Prioritise areas for development and plan how learning and development will be achieved
• Access development needed to carry out own work more effectively
• and continually use a range of resources to keep own knowledge, skills
• and practice up to date
• Keep records of own actions, development plans and progress, and use them to support and inform ongoing reflective practice
• Apply new knowledge and skills to consolidate learning, improve own practice, and review the effectiveness of newly acquired knowledge and skills
• Share knowledge, skills and improvements to practice with colleagues where it is likely to be of benefit
• Maintain agreements about confidentiality.
Decorus UK is a family run training provider based in north Essex. We help people gain employment through the National Apprenticeship Scheme and deliver government funded training to businesses and their existing staff.
We provide courses in the following categories:
Customer Service, Team Leading, Management, Business Administration, Sales and Telesales, Recruitment, Health and social care, Children and young people and Professional cookery.
Posted 22 days ago