Scope of the job
Style Media UK is a unique very fast moving marketing and advertising business and we are looking to strengthen our team bringing in a key executive in to provide the business with structure in the position of COO. The COO will manage, control and develop the day to day operations of this early stage and rapidly growing business. The role will be wide ranging and providing a constant stream of daily challenges commensurate with its breakneck growth as a first mover and highly innovative entrepreneurial business.
The COO will be a key member of the senior management team, accountable to the Managing Director and the board. The goal is to secure the functionality of business allowing a smooth and sustainable growth of the business while being responsible for operations, project management, HR and IT.
Duties and key responsibilities
· Support the MD and enable MD to drive sales, manage business development and sales personnel and lead the business.
· Support the management team to design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
· Take full control of the execution of all client marketing and advertising projects achieving excellence in operational execution to enable client aims to be achieved.
· Plan and manage all aspects of client projects and achieve seamless positive communication between the Style Media and its clients
· Review and implement strategy to develop UK market and all related initiatives.
· Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth as set out in the budgets and monitor and report performance against these plans to the board.
· Take required action to bring plans back onto track.
· Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of the teams across the company in areas such as; Operations, Field Work, Commercial, Finance etc.
· Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication, managing all day to day aspects of the operation.
· Manage suppliers and project logistics, identify and implement efficiency and cost saving initiatives.
· Evaluate performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics and introduce action plans to bring back into line if necessary
· Ensure reports to the Board on all matters of importance are prepared and delivered to the Board in a timely manner including monthly performance reports.
· Assist the MD in all aspects of their role.
· Work with the financial manager to manage the costs and financial implications of all projects and initiatives including the implementation of the annual budget to ensure budget targets are met, revenue flows are maximised and fixed costs are minimised.
· Develop and maintain efficient management and information systems.
· Manage relationships with clients/partners/suppliers.
Experience and Qualifications
· Experience in operational and project management preferably in an advertising or marketing related role.
· Demonstrable experience in managing people and processes.
· Field team management and retail consumer retail experience an advantage.
· University degree in preferably in a management or marketing discipline or MBA
Knowledge, and Skills
· Strategic planning skills
· Experience of developing commercially viable projects
· Financial management skills
· Business development skills
· Working knowledge of data analysis and performance and operation metrics
· Leadership skills.
· Excellent communication skills
· A high level of commercial awareness.
· Excellent organisational skills.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Highly Motivated
· Positive Attitude
· Can do attitude
· Make balanced decisions
· Progressive and forward thinking, bringing initiative to the role
· Numerically literate
· Detail orientated
· Willing and able to travel throughout the UK as required and if necessary abroad
Posted 11 days ago