LOCATION: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
JOB TITLE: Administrator (Finance)
SALARY & BENEFITS: £18,100 – £20,300
pro rata plus Benefits
WORKING HOURS: Full time
THE COMPANY: Our client, an international exams group, designing and delivering assessments to over 8 million learners in over 170 countries. They are committed to ensuring that all our assessments are fair, have sound ethical underpinning, and operate according to the highest technical standards
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Subsidised canteens
- Corporate discounts on Gym memberships and car rental
- Support for professional qualifications
THE ROLE: Administrator (Finance),
My client currently has a vacancy for a Finance Assistant within the Examiner Payments Team based at our Regent Street Office. The Finance Assistant role offers the chance to work in a busy but friendly office, with the opportunity to gain valuable experience within a Finance environment.
The Finance Division of Cambridge Assessment is part of the Corporate Services Division responsible for providing a full range of services to the Cambridge Assessment Group. As one of the team you will be trained in the high volume verification and processing of Examiner claim forms, budget code validation and authorisation, dealing with payment related queries from Examiners both verbally and written, and using computerised payment systems.
Key Responsibilities to include: - Administrator (Finance),
- Daily Scanning of Examiner claim forms using version one software
- Daily organisation of internal and external post
- Validation of Examiner fees and expense claims according to the HMRC regulations and business stream guidelines and upload into bespoke systems.
- General administrative duties
The successful candidate should be flexible, with the ability to pick up tasks quickly and efficiently. They will also need to be an enthusiastic team player. Computer literacy, together with numerical and clear communication skills are essential. Previous experience within a finance office is preferred, although training will be provided.
The successful candidate will need to be educated to GCSE standard or equivalent, including Maths and English at grade C or above.
Key Experience preferred for the role: - Administrator (Finance),
- Experience in an administrative role essential
- Previous experience within a computerised Finance office highly desirable
- Educated to GCSE standard including Maths and English at grade C (or equivalent)
- Computer literate including Microsoft Word and Excel essential
- Have a customer-focused professional attitude
The closing date for applications is 2nd January 2017
To find out more about this role please view the job descriptions by clicking APPLY, complete short online assessment and upload your CV