Newport, ShropshireJOB TITLE:
Assistant Site ManagerSALARY & BENEFITS:
£15,507 - £16,191 dependant on experience and length of service plus 10% shift allowance + professional development, pension & onsite parkingWORKING HOURS:
37 hours per week working 52 weeks of the yearTHE COMPANY:
We are working with an inclusive school that has a firm belief that all students no matter what their backgrounds, needs or ability are able to succeed and reach their full potential given the right care support and guidance. The school has a new, fantastic, modern £8 million building open in June 2015 with all of the latest facilities to aid them with their teaching and for student use. THE ROLE:
The Assistant Site Manager will be under the direction of the Site Manager by assisting in the provision of maintenance and security services on the school premises and sites thereby ensuring a safe working environment. You will also have on call responsibilities which require weekend and evening work. Key Responsibilities of an Assistant Site Manager to include:-
- Maintain the security of the school premises, lock/unlock school buildings, operate alarm systems, report any security breaches
- Promote and ensure health and safety of pupils, staff and visitors at all times
- Undertake cleaning duties, collecting and assembling waste for collection, graffiti removal, litter picking, gritting and emergency cleaning duties
- Assist with minor repairs
- Operation of heating plant, cooling and lighting systems
- Undertake routine tasks in connection with school events
- Keep basic records, co-ordinate receipts etc.
- Undertake training to be able to drive the Minibus for school excursions
The successful candidate will need to be a friendly yet professional individual with a respectful approach to the students. You will need to be open, honest and committed to the needs of the pupils, parents and other stakeholders. Ideally you will have a Minibus licence however full training will be given to the right candidate. Experience working within a school environment is highly advantageous. Key experience essential for the Assistant Site Manager role:
- Experience in plumbing, carpentry, building or as a Handyman
- Cleaning and Support services NVQ level 1 or equivalent experience
- Willing to complete a DBS check on employment
- Willing to work flexible hours including some weekends, early mornings and evenings
- Lives within a commutable distance to Newport, Shropshire
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.