LOCATION: Banbury, Oxfordshire
JOB TITLE: Director of Clinical Services
SALARY & BENEFITS: Salary depending on experience
WORKING HOURS: Monday – Friday 9am – 5:00pm based on a 37.5 hours per week
THE COMPANY: Our client is a ‘not for profit’ healthcare company providing a range of primary care and community based care in Oxfordshire and Northamptonshire.
THE ROLE: Reporting to the CEO the Director of Clinical Services will be to understand services from the perspective of the patient and family.
The post holder will be well versed in evidencing quality standards, using data and working with live experience as well as being able to inspire confidence and lead with credibility and passion, staff from across a breadth of professions and roles.
The successful candidate will be one of a team of Executive Directors who share corporate responsibility for running the company and will have specific responsibility for representing the clinical business of the company, managing service delivery through an inter-disciplinary and multi-agency workforce.
Key Responsibilities of a Director of Clinical Services to include:-
• Inspire and manage service delivery through an inter-disciplinary and multi-agency workforce. To ensure all the regulatory standards commensurate with the services provided by the company are met, protecting the patient, family and staff experience across the company
• To embody an experience of care that means PML is a provider of choice, employer of choice and clinical placement of choice
• Act as the CQC Registered Manager on behalf of the company
• To work with a high level of autonomy and be comfortable with regular accountability to the CEO and PML Board
• Maximise the efficiency of services and both take and communicate tough decisions
• Board level accountability for a robust effective Governance Committee
• Act as an ambassador for all aspects of the company’s operation with accountability for positive and effective partnerships between the PML Board and local commissioners, policy makers and senior staff in partner organisations, from GPs in practice to NHS Trust Boards
• Board level accountability for CQC regulation
• Budget responsibility for all clinical services and associated service level agreements
Please note this list in not exhaustive of the duties you may be required to carry out as per business needs.
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate will have previous experience within a similar role or environment. They must be able to communicate across diverse groups and communities. The successful Director of Clinical Services will have proven written communications skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism. They will be resilient, committed and enthusiastic providing accurate and timely information at all times. Our client requires a good planner who has strong analytical and problem solving skills. They must be able to think both strategically as well as micro manage to ensure operational excellence.
Key experience essential for the role of Director of Clinical Services based in Banbury:
• Must live within a commutable distance of Banbury, Oxfordshire.
• It is essential that you hold a full UK driving licence with own transport.
• Will be a registered clinical professional in healthcare with current active UK registration.
• Must be qualified by experience – a minimum of five years of clinical experience post registration including current clinical practice and a minimum of ten years of management experience at a senior level.
• A comprehensive understanding of clinical practice standards and professional governance, clinical governance and CQC registration requirements are essential.
• Will be commercially aware and have an understanding of health and social care funding in the public sector in the UK
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to submit your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
All Jobs at The SmartList
Posted 18 days ago