LOCATION: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
JOB TITLE: Finance Assistant
SALARY & BENEFITS: £20,900 - £23,600
pro rata plus Benefits
WORKING HOURS: Full time
THE COMPANY: Our client, an international exams group, designing and delivering assessments to over 8 million learners in over 170 countries. They are committed to ensuring that all our assessments are fair, have sound ethical underpinning, and operate according to the highest technical standards
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Subsidised canteens
- Corporate discounts on Gym memberships and car rental
- Support for professional qualifications
THE ROLE: Finance Assistant,
The role requires a Finance Assistant within the Examiner Payments Team based at our Regent Street Office. The Finance Assistant role offers the chance to work in a busy but friendly office, with the opportunity to gain valuable experience within a Finance environment.
The Finance Division of Cambridge Assessment is part of the Corporate Services Division responsible for providing a full range of services to the Cambridge Assessment Group. As one of the team you will be trained in the high volume verification and processing of Examiner claim forms, budget code validation and authorisation, dealing with payment related queries from Examiners both verbally and written, and using computerised payment systems.
Key Responsibilities to include: - Finance Assistant,
- Processing and validating the payment of Examiner fees and expense claims, from both manual and system generated claim forms, in accordance with HMRC regulations and business stream guidelines. The processing of Examiner fees is across a wide landscape of systems that requires full familiarity.
- Ensuring that all payroll related regulations are adhered to across both UK and international payments
- Taking ownership of a high volume of queries both verbally and written, resulting from payments, resolving and responding to all, including more complex queries, in a timely and professional manner
- Effective management and maintenance of the Examiner payments e-mail inbox including sorting and responding appropriately to internal and external queries, escalating where appropriate, keeping to Service Level Agreements
The successful candidate should be flexible, with the ability to pick up tasks quickly and efficiently. An enthusiastic team player, they should be customer focused and therefore be able to handle numerous queries from staff and examiners using tact and diplomacy. Computer literacy, including excel together with numerical and clear communication skills are essential. Previous experience within a finance office is preferred, although training will be provided.
The successful candidate will need to be educated to GCSE standard or equivalent, including Maths and English at grade C or above.
Key Experience preferred for the role: - Finance Assistant,
- Previous experience within a computerised Finance office/ division dealing with high volume transaction processing is preferred
- Educated to GCSE standard including Maths and English at grade C (or equivalent)
- Computer literate including Microsoft Word and Excel to an intermediate level
- Have a customer-focused professional attitude
The closing date for applications is 2nd January 2017
To find out more about this role please view the job descriptions by clicking APPLY, complete short online assessment and upload your CV