Kendal, CumbriaJOB TITLE:
Hydro Field Service TechnicianSALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary depending on experience WORKING HOURS:
Working hours based on 7.5 hours day THE COMPANY:
Our client, based in Kendal, is one of the leading producers of small hydropower machinery and installations in the world. They have been in existence since 1853, have a proud heritage and a worldwide reputation. The Company has produced over 6,500 turbines in the last 150 years and they are installed in 80 different countries.THE ROLE:
It is envisaged that a suitable candidate would be capable of building-up a regular service routine with customers for monthly, six monthly and annual service/inspections.
The role would include advising customers on potential plant upgrades and refurbishment services offered by our client.Key Responsibilities of a Hydro Field Service Technician to include:-
- Control panel fault finding & repairs.
- Inspection and fault finding on rotating electrical machinery.
- Use safe and approved methods to ensure safe electrical site working.
- 1st Respond to equipment breakdowns.
- Maintain a healthy and safe working environment as required by HSE and ‘Electrical
- Installation Industry regulations.
- Responsible for the production of method statements/risk assessments and be capable of working within a ‘permit to work’ environment is required.
- Produce engineering service reports & signed off time sheets.
Ideally from a power-generation or electrical/mechanical
service background, you should be a time served electrician or installation/commissioning
engineer, with recognised qualifications in the ‘Electrical Installations Industry’. The successful candidate will have hands on experience and the ability to work unsupervised, achieving program deadlines/timescales.
Due to the nature of the Hydro-Electric Power business the successful Hydro Field Service Technician will be required to spend periods of time away from home working throughout the UK. Reporting to the Field Operations Manager, you will be required to undergo any training identified to enable you to meet your own, your department and the company’s objectives and to work in your departmental and company teams.Key experience essential for the role of Hydro Field Service Technician based in Kendal, Cumbria:
- Must live within a commutable distance of Kendal, Cumbria.
- Will be familiar with PLC control systems.
- Must hold a UK full driving licence.
- Will hold EaW regs BS 7671 IEE regs (2382) and it would be desirable to have `Inspection & Testing – 2392.
- Qualifications considered: HND, HNC, OND, ONC or NVQ Level 3 in electrical / mechanical installation.
Does this sound like you? If yes and you would like to apply for the Hydro Field Service Technician then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.