Kettering JOB TITLE:
Service TechnicianSALARY & BENEFITS:
Monday - Friday (flexible works hours based on two shift rotation, out of hours on-call duties will be required)THE COMPANY:
Our client are a leading manufacturer of flexible packaging. The company have over 100 years of manufacturing expertise, they claim to be the only European bag manufacturer that is 100% climate neutral. They are currently seeking a Service Technician to join their team in Kettering. THE ROLE:
Our client are looking for an Service Technician to join their expanding team in Kettering. You will be responsible for the installation, troubleshooting, repair, and upgrade of electronic and computer-controlled mechanical systems. Key responsibilities to include:
- Align, fit, and assemble component parts, using hand tools, power tools, fixtures & templates.
- Analyse and record test results, and prepare written testing documentation
- Inspect parts for surface defects
- Install electrical and electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly
- Repair, rework, and calibrate hydraulic and pneumatic assemblies and systems to meet operational specifications and tolerances.
The ideal candidate for the Service Technician role will have a sound understanding of both electronics and mechanical equipment. You will be responsible for ensuring machinery is operating at all times, you will be expected to take the lead to ensure work is carried out efficiently and within agreed time scales. Key experience essential for the role:
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Engineering and Technology knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Computers and Electronics knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
Does this sound like you?
If yes, then please hit the “Apply Now” button. You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to further support your CV. We will be in touch within 7-10 days to make you aware of the next steps.