LOCATION: Forth and Lanark, South Lanarkshire
JOB TITLE: Residential Support Worker
SALARY & BENEFITS: £14,976 - £18,376 depending on experience and qualifications.
Sleep in's at £47.
WORKING HOURS: Full Time, Part Time, Bank Vacancies
THE COMPANY: Our client is an independent childcare organisation which provides 52 week residential care for young people of both genders between the ages of 10 - 17 years. Registered with Ofsted and the Care Commission, they provide care and education to socially vulnerable young people and are committed to providing creative child centred care packages, whilst ensuring that each young person is provided with a safe, supportive and trusting environment. An exciting opportunity has arisen for Residential Support Workers to join their expanding team in Forth and Lanark.
THE ROLE: For the role of the Residential Support Worker you will work as part of a team of carers in the outdoor providing direct day to day care, direction and support to young people who present challenging, emotional and social difficulties and to maintain and promote an environment using the outdoors as a medium for healing within the parameters of local and national child care practice.
Key Responsibilities for the Residential Support Worker role to include:-
• Provide a high standard of care for the young people in your charge
• Ensure that all aspects of a young person’s physical, emotional, social and intellectual needs are met as individuals and within the setting, actively assisting each young person towards achieving a realistic level of success in their targets and goals during placement and beyond
• Lead activities appropriate to your qualifications and experience
• To be alert to signs of distress or abuse and to ensure young people are monitored and protected
• Provide a positive role model to young people and maintain high professional standards at all times
• Ensure every young person is made aware of their rights and that they are encouraged to explore these rights
• Participate in achieving high standards of cleanliness, laundry and all appropriate household duties
THE CANDIDATE: For the role of Residential Support Worker you will have a positive attitude with a passion and willingness to develop your own skills. You will need to have excellent interpersonal skills and outstanding oral and written communication skills. You share the company's goal of delivering excellent care to the service user's and you will need to live within a commutable distance to either Forth or Lanark.
Key experience essential for the role of Residential Support Worker:-
• Full Driving Licence
• SVQ Diploma 3 in Children and Young People and HNC in Social Care or relevant experience as a Support Worker
• Ability to work shifts including weekends and evenings and sleep ins.
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
All Jobs at The SmartList
Posted 17 days ago