Dependent on previous skills and experienceLocation:
Bedford, Ickleford & HitchinWorking hours:
Established in 1857, our client is a family run business. Initially established as a Flour Mill, the ingredients side of the business was created in 1992. They specialise in the production of food coatings for customers in the global food processing industry. Due to expansion they are now looking to recruit a Shift Leader to join a well-established team in Bedford, Ickleford and Hitchin.
A challenging and hands-on opportunity has arisen for a Shift Leader to join the team based in Bedford, Ickleford and Hitchin. Working within the Ingredients department your duties will include developing an effective team, which operates to specified procedures. You would also be expected to ensure the safe use and operation of all facilities and equipment and continually assess work methods and devise and implement improvements. Key responsibilities for Shift Leader:
Key skills and experience essential:
- Responsible for effective hand over and communication between shifts.
- Assisting in the selection of new or replacement staff.
- Monitoring and planning holiday leave and overtime cover to ensure the efficient and cost effective running of the team.
- Identifying training needs and implementing action where required.
- Maintaining and continually improving agreed standards of quality and ensuring the implementation of quality assurance procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining health and safety standards through use of available engineering resource.
- Assists in maintaining a tidy and well – organized workplace in support of hygiene requirements.
- Ensures the correct use of protective clothing and any other safety equipment.
- Carry out any reasonable request as requested by your team leader or any member of management within the reasonable scope of the role.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Experience of working within a supervisory role
- Qualified to CMI Level 2 in Management or willing to attain
- Hands on supervisory style with the ability to lead, motivate and develop a team
- Able to communicate and build effective relationships at all levels within an organisation
- Awareness of continuous improvement and able to demonstrate experience of implementing this.
- Experience of working to lean manufacturing principals.
- Must be able to show good knowledge of using Microsoft Office and Outlook Email
Are you the Shift Leader we are looking for in Bedford, Ickleford or Hitchin?
If yes, please click the “Apply” button today. You will be directed to a short online assessment to support your CV