LOCATION: Papworth Everard, Cambridgeshire
JOB TITLE: Warehouse Distribution Assistant-Full time, Perm!
SALARY & BENEFITS: £18,100 - £20,300 plus benefits
WORKING HOURS: Full time, Permanent
THE COMPANY: Our client, an international exams group, designing and delivering assessments to over 8 million learners in over 170 countries. They are committed to ensuring that all our assessments are fair, have sound ethical underpinning, and operate according to the highest technical standards
An opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse Distribution Assistant to join our highly skilled Distribution Team at our warehousing facility in Papworth Everard, Cambridgeshire.
THE ROLE: Warehouse Distribution Assistant- Papworth Everard, Cambridgeshire
Reporting to the Distribution Supervisor, the role is to assist in a variety of activities across the Logistics operation. Successful applicants will be flexible and dynamic, and will enjoy working in a variety of functions, where each day is not like the one before. The ability to learn quickly and adapt to a changing environment is critical to succeeding in this fast-paced environment
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Subsidised canteens
- Corporate discounts on Gym memberships and car rental
- Support for professional qualifications
Key Responsibilities to include: - Warehouse Distribution Assistant- Papworth Everard, Cambridgeshire
- To take responsibility for your own work and complete all assigned tasks in accordance with departmental procedures in an efficient manner without loss of accuracy and quality.
- To assist as requested in reviewing department processes and procedures.
- To achieve performance benchmarks where applicable and to strive to improve overall team performance.
- To report performance data as required by your Supervisor.
- To adhere and comply with Health and Safety regulations at all times
- To identify, escalate and resolve problems where appropriate and inform your management team accordingly.
- To willingly undertake any cross training within Group Print and Operations across all activities and departments as required.
- To assist in the training of staff members (temporary and/or permanent) as and when required.
- To attend and contribute to team meetings as required.
Key Experience preferred for the role: - Warehouse Distribution Assistant- Papworth Everard, Cambridgeshire
- Educated to GCSE level with Grade C in English Language & Math’s or equivalent
- Computer literate with an understanding of Microsoft office products
- Basic understanding of health and safety
- Ensures deadlines are met
- High attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Ability to learn and pick up tasks quickly
- Ability to follow procedures, other instructions and comfortable instructing others
- Effective communicator – comfortable dealing with customers by phone and email
- Collaborative team player
- Willing to work shifts and overtime as required
- This role is physically demanding, long periods of standing and lifting of packages up to 20kg’s is involved.